What I found in the Mail this Morning...

Sunday 13 March 2011

Austria: Seebach bei Villach

It's still "today" here, so I'm posting one postcard before going to bed.

This is a real retro postcard, no reprint, in very good condition, so I'm happy to have it in my collection.
The place on postcard is Brandstätter's Gasthof, Magdalenensee, Seebach bei Villach, Austria.
Well, I tried to google some info about the guest house, and there seems to be one in the same area with the same name, but it's near another lake nearby. There are also four guest houses directly by the Magdalenen-lake, but no idea which side of the lake is on the postcard.

Today I had a day-off and had a chance to do two post related things. First I updated the gallery with stamps' images and will be posting quite a lot of them in the nearest future. Later on I'll be adding new stamps from the yet coming postcards. Second thing - I finally have all 4 packages for sweets/teas swaps together and will be sending first thing in the morning.

Not really the one to complain, but I do not like censure (or what they have there) in China. Got one postcard expired from long long ago, another one expired two days ago, and another one expires tomorrow. And also a fourth one traveling over 40 days now, so probably gets the expired status in about 1,5 weeks too. I really wish the people to get their postcards. Chinese government and postal service do not agree with me though.

Oh, and if someone is wondering - circus was really great. ^^ Never thought the places I got were so great, we were were in the first row, right in the center and the circus actors were all doing their stuff "at us", especially when they were doing something that interacted with public, we got to see/feel it first. Liked the performers from Russia, Moscow circus, very charismatic people. Got to see quite a number of live animals. I'm not a fan of animals in circus a as such, but was my first time seeing live elephants so close I could almost touch them. The guy from Spain walking the rope did really a great job, can imagine how much work was spent to make the performance work. Unfortunately he fell, one could see he was shocked a bit and also hurt his leg a bit, but as my mom said, "There's really no shame in not managing to do the stunt with the first attempt." And as for looks in general, I have to admit I love the burlesque style as a show, as long as it's nothing perverse. Well, really a lot of good thoughts and a great experience. ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment