What I found in the Mail this Morning...

Tuesday 28 December 2010

Ukiyo-e II

Another set of my ukiyo-e cards in collection.
Beautiful work by Hiroshige.
Utagawa Hiroshige. The 36 views of Mt. Fuji: Misaka Pass in Kai Province
歌川広重. 富士三十六景: 甲斐御坂越.
 
 Kobayashi Kiyochika. Distant view of the Ichinohashi bridge at the bank of Sumida river.
小林 清親. 大川岸一之橋遠景

It was quite a difficult task to find a picture of this card (still have no scanner) even in the Japanese Internet. If I couldn't read Japanese at all, it would be impossible. But luckily I can. Sorry for the small image, will upload a bigger one as soon as I can (as always T.T). [Update: as promised - here's a bigger picture]
 
Katsushika Hokusai. Would translate it as "Spring view of two beauties".
 葛飾 北斎. 春景二美人.

No comments:

Post a Comment