What I found in the Mail this Morning...

Saturday 29 January 2011

And again some smalltalk

As the readers (if there are any ^^') can see, I try to keep this blog a postcards related one, but still post some of my personal thoughts, experience, other with post and the postcrossers' community related things. So there'll always be something that you might find not as interesting as the postcards and geography lesson I try to do here. ^^

By the way, I decided I should do a disclaimer at least once in my posts (I do write the author's or photographer's name sometimes, but too lazy to do it always) and here it is:

I do not own any of the pictures that are posted in this blog, only the postcards with the pictures on them. :] And really happy of the fact.
Of course, except for the pictures that are marked as 'handmade' - I do own rights to those, so please tell me if you want to use them somewhere (I doubt anyone would want to, but still).

Some of you probably noticed that there's a new picture named "Today is..." on the right sidebar. If you speak Russian and click on the picture, you'll find a fun calendar where every day is a holiday, so to say. I'll try to keep the translated sidebar version updated, but if I'm away for several days, I'll either inform or just click and check if the date is correct.

Got the calendar idea from a fellow postcrosser, it's also on my 'to do list'. And now I'd like to share some experience I made with it. :]
Started following the calendar on 26.01 - the random directions day. The idea was to take a random walk in the city, get some fresh air, get some postcards I needed in case I come across some. The walk was a success, because I got an sms from a friend suggesting to check out a new (and first of it's kind here) muffin café. As I was in the neighborhood, though planning to go in the opposite direction, I randomly changed my mind and went to see the place. For Latvians and guests who love sweets - I recommend "Muffins and More", Gertrudes 9 (right behind the church on the right side walking from Brivibas Street).

Next day - the dance with your shadow day was also completed as I went to my first salsa lesson right after finishing my birthday party with friends.
And (already) yesterday was the awakening your inner child day. Me and a friend of mine randomly grabbed two packs of cotton candy (which I haven't eaten since childhood) and went to see another person (I'm not giving names not to offend the people; if you, the heroes of this story ^^ want to be named - please tell so) and have some fun together.

That's all what I have to tell you for now. More thoughts coming soon...
 And of course the postcard of the day, so 'stay tuned'. ^___^

No comments:

Post a Comment