What I found in the Mail this Morning...

Thursday 20 January 2011

Things to do #17 - #23

OK, here is the bunch of lists for all the days I've missed (again... but I can't help it. Had an exam (and did the best of all ^^) and now I have a cold). Oh, and as mentioned before - I'm not commenting repeated entries anymore.

#17 klayreh, Spain
- Visit every weekend a museum or art gallery.
I'm doing a museum/art gallery raid starting with February. They have really lovely postcards there...
- Make a list of the books you have read and every month compare it with your friends and talk about them.
Not even sure who of my friends is an active reader at the moment.
- Take a surf course (if you haven't done it before).
Mmmm... Not in Latvia, I presume.
- Read something about the history of your town/city.
Back to school, eh. ^^ I'll surely refresh my knowledge if I need to do guide groups again.
- Spend rainy days doing cross-stitching.
That's something similar to the things I'm usually doing at rainy days.
- Adopt a pet.
- Go out with your friends at least once a week.

#18 abbyaguas, Philippines
- Blow lots of bubbles and enjoy it with children.
Every summer I blow bubbles. ^___^ And enjoy it, of course.
- Send or adopt a travelling toy.
I'm ready to adopt one.
- Run for a cause.
Not a runner, really.
- Have a Mini Garden.
- Finish a 100-300 piece puzzle by yourself.
Believe I replied to this one too... Or not? I prefer more than 1500 pieces, 100-300 are not callenging for me at all.
- Learn Constellations.
The first question is - what for? You can't even see stars at big cities because of the light pollutuion. -_- Sad, I know...
- Start a Time Capsule.
A good idea for those who are actually panicking about the year 2012 end deep inside.

#19 Ann, Poland
- Join an organization for ex. charity.
- Plant a tree or take care of potted plants.
- Start writing a diary or journal.
- Learn an exotic language and shock your friends.
I'm already shocking some of them with Japanese. But of course there are those for whom Japanese is not shocking enough. ^^ 
- Spend weekend visiting your family.
Living with them at the moment. 
- Start new RR, traveling toy or notebook.
Need to get at least one of my TN back. And there are new ones, so join please! 
- Decorate your room with foreign ornaments or souvenirs.
Asian style! (no room -_-)

#20 LalaLander, Malaysia
- Write a fanfiction story and post it (it's free and a perfect way to express yourself as a fan of a book, movie, drama, etc.).
- Go to any unusual exhibition of a museum at least once. (well, try to go when there's an unusual exhibition, I still remember a few years ago, I went to Ghost exhibition in the national museum in my country).
I will, I will! If we have one here. 
- Do some volunteering work like help in painting murals in a school. (I had fun doing that, it's a very satisfying thing to do).
- Sell any books that you don't need anymore and earn some $ (I need to do that and get rid of my A-level books).
Good idea, I have a lot of books I keep only as a memory or something. 
- Start reading Chicken Soup for the Soul: Campus Chronicles (I love Chicken Soup books).
Sounds fun. ^^ Thanks for this idea. 
- Help a friend in his/ her studies (then, at the same time, you can strengthen your knowledge about that particular subject and become closer with your friends).
I do that at least two times a year. 
- Watch a drama marathon for more than 5 hours. (but do it when you're totally free of assignments and on holiday).
Can it be something different from drama? 5 hours of drama sound like hell to me. :D 

#21 xJessica, Netherlands
- Swim naked in the sea at night.
An interesting idea...  
- Watch all the harry potter movies in 1 day.
Will probably do that when the last part comes out. 
- Give every nail a different color nail polish.
Should buy more nail polish to do that. :D 
- Be healthy !!!!!
THANK YOU! I'm trying...  
- Buy a orange fish and call him Nemo and a blue one called Dory.
And then re-name my cat to Bruce in hopes he won't eat the fish or at least won't drive them into a heart attack. Still, a cute idea.
- Make your own birdhouse.
- Design your own postcard.
I'm doing that already. ^^ 

#22 KathyCC, USA
- Try and get a penpal from a country that few people have heard of (or just one where you don't have a pal from yet!).
That's interesting, thank you. 
- Try orienteering.
I'm good at orienteering in cities but quite bad in nature. ^^ At least my experience tells me so.
- Watch a list of "100 Greatest Films" that you can find on Google.
Thank you for not giving an idea with the 1001 movies list. :D 
- Start collecting a certain type of postcard from around the globe, like map cards, ad cards, etc. (Don't know if you're already doing this).
- Try geocaching.
Anyone to join me? 
- Volunteer somewhere that you find very special :]
- Try and learn a new craft, like cross stitching.
There aren't many common crafts I haven't tried yet. 

#23 violett_dream, Belarus
- Sign up for a cooking course! It will be fun! Get new skills and increase your level of cooking! Maybe one day we'll know that you're the best cook ever.
I'm searching for a not too expensive cooking course (especially sweets making).
- Become a volunteer at a shelter for dogs, cats.
- Write a scenario for the movie or imagine alternative ending of serial or movie.
- Always say Yes, as Jim Carrey did.
Not sure I can afford that. ^___^ 
- Start your own diary - decorate your notebook for this.
- Go hiking with family or friends.
- Go to the cinema on spontaneously chosen film, which had never heard of! (It's my dream too).
We have some cinemas here that show author films I've haven't heard much or at all about. 

No comments:

Post a Comment