What I found in the Mail this Morning...

Sunday 30 January 2011

Julie, Julia and Julija

I'm not a person who watches all movies that come out, so I only know the names of the movies that run in theaters. But I really want to thank sofiangie for also recommending me the "Julie and Julia" movie as an idea for the 'to do list'. If you haven't seen it yet, make free time some evening, grab some tasty snacks and enjoy!

By the way, the whole idea for the list sounded as following (I know I'm repeating myself a thousand times, so please just bear with me):
"Follow the example of the main character of the "Julie and Julia" movie."
Now comes a spoiler/very short summary to explain the idea a little better. Julie Powell, a character of the movie and a real person as the movie is a double-biographical one, aspires to cook all 524 recipes in Julia Child's cookbook in 365 days and writes a blog about it.
The idea isn't new, but I love it as (A) I do love to cook and (B) cooking blogs, especially the good ones, always find their readers.

But - like in any good story there's a 'but' - I'm not sure I'll be doing this idea. At least not this year. And there are several reasons for that.
- I don't have a cook I admire and don't have a good cooking book to cook.
- It takes a lot of money to cook great recipes and to cook a lot.
- It takes time (but actually time right now is not the issue, I can always sleep less to do the things I like).
- Nowadays good blogs need also visual content and I'm not sure I can take photos of every dish I do.
- Maybe there's something else, but it doesn't come to my mind right now...

Well, still, maybe someone reads me and thinks I should start a parallel cooking blog? I'll be setting a vote (see sidebar), so try to persuade me, if you do think so. ^^

And now some words about the fun calendar.
Yesterday we had the... -oh, my bad memory- the leisurely braiding day, so no idea if it counts, but I did a new confetti postcard. Will be uploading some time in the future. And I'm planning to do a set, so as soon there are enough postcards in the set, I'll start trading and sending.
As for today, we're belatedly celebrating my birthday, my mother's name's day (which was 10.01 or 25.01 (as Orthodox have it as a separate holiday and the Day of Students)), my sister's name's day (24.01) and my grandmother's name's day (which is today or 30.01). I'm planning to cook the éclair pastry and get my beloved family members some gifts. For the ones who have no idea about the pastry, here's a picture:

No comments:

Post a Comment