What I found in the Mail this Morning...

Saturday 29 January 2011

Sweden: Recipe Card

Actually, cant's say that there's only one 'card of the day', because a day is something very irregular in my life. Like I go to bed way past midnight (which is already a new day) and after sleep I'm ready to post something again (and it's still the same day as in the post before going to bed, but has a feeling of a new one).

So, here's another postcard from my collection. As I received three recipe cards yesterday in my mail, I think I should post at least one from the collection (not one of the three though).
Thanks to Miki for doing a detailed translation and explanation of the card (could've done myself, but you really saved me some time ^^).

Here's the recipe, if you want to try it out:
Crispy morning buns ("What would life be without crispy morning buns?")

Ingredients:
50 grams yeast
4 cups water
1 teaspoon aniseed or fennel
1 teaspoon salt
10-12 cups flour

Cooking:
Preheat the oven to 250 degrees. Crumble the yeast in a bowl and add the lukewarm water. Mix in the remaining ingredients and knead the dough till it's smooth and supple. Put the dough out on a floured table, knead it with a light touch, covering with the flour. Divide the dough into 16 parts. Let the buns grow in size for 15 - 20 minutes covered on the table. Then move them on a baking sheet at bake immediately for 8-10 minutes. Let the buns cool down uncovered, so they retain the crispy surface.
Enjoy it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment