What I found in the Mail this Morning...

Thursday 13 January 2011

Things to do #15 - #16

Yesterday we went to our Japanese teacher's house. She has a real museum collection of art scrolls and original ukiyo-e prints. Today's mail was a nice continuation of yesterday's visit. Thank you to Ula for all beautiful Chinese art card reprints and originals.

So, the lists again.
Wednesday's list by #15 yiphinwai, Malaysia:
- Talk to a senior about their experience.
Don't have any seniors at the moment, as I'm somewhat self-employed and a senior at the university myself. Only if I get another job, start a new studies or talk to elderly people.
- Think about your future by not copying others close to you.
That's something I'm thinking a lot lately. Getting quite depressed afterwards... 
- Write a letter to someone faraway.
I will. ^^
- Look around your town and think what to improve in it.
I can imagine a lot of things to be improved, but will it do any good?
- Travel around your country by yourself.
I think I already replied about traveling around my country.
- Go to the seaside.
I usually go to the seaside either when I go to my university (the sea is 5 minutes away) or in summer.
- Read a foreign language book.
I prefer books in original, so I read foreign language books. 

Today's list by #16 l_easy, Russia:
- Spend the night walking the streets of your town.
It's a good idea at some point, especially when I need to clear my head.
- Cook some new and complicated dish.
I'm waiting for the Cooking Traveling Notebook to return home. Hope there will be some interesting recipes inside.
- Start doing sports (or doing it more regularly) to enjoy and feel fit.
OK. I'm skipping the repeated entries from now on.
- Send some Birthday cards for children from orphanages (addresses, dates and names can be taken from volunteers).
Thanks ^^
- Decorate your room in new way for every new season's starting (first day of spring, summer...) and invite your friends to share it with them and have a party.
No room, so won't do.
- Make a feeding-rack for birds at your window.
I'd prefer doing one somewhere in the park, because neighbors usually don't like that there are so many birds at the windows and balconies.
- Find at your parents' home some drawings and diaries from your childhood and spend an evening or two with them.
As I'm at my parent's home right now I can state that there really are some interesting diaries and drawings I have left from my childhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment